Saturday, May 28, 2022

Chelsea have ‘substantial’ transfer bid rejected for wonderkid striker Mason Burstow from League One Charlton

LEAGUE ONE side Charlton have rebuffed a ‘substantial’ transfer bid from Chelsea for 18-year-old striker Mason Burstow.

Chelsea are said to be keen on the young talent who has scored six goals in 14 senior appearances for the Addicks.

1

Charlton have rejected a ‘substantial’ bid from Chelsea for BurstowCredit: PA

Burstow is not in the Charlton squad for tonight’s clash against Portsmouth as speculation continues surrounding his future.

Addicks owner Thomas Sandgaard told talkSPORT two official bids have been tabled for Burstow’s services.

One of those is believed to be from Chelsea, although neither bid matched Charlton’s valuation of the highly-rated forward.

Brentford have also been linked with a move for the youngster.

Burstow’s last outing for the Addicks was in the EFL Trophy defeat to Hartlepool last week, in which he scored.

He also netted with his first ever touch in professional football after coming on as a substitute in a 6-1 win over Crawley Town in August.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

Sandgaard has also confirmed elsewhere that ‘multiple teams’ from the Premier League are keen on Burstow, but there is hope that he will stay at the Valley until at least the end of the season.

He told the South London Press: “We have got multiple Premier League teams who are fishing to see if they can do a quick deal when it comes to Burstow.

“We’ll see what happens. I don’t think any of them have come up to the price level that I’m expecting, considering his talent. We’re just sitting tight.

“In contrast to the past, we can sit back and wait to see if the price is right instead of panicking and selling on the last day of the window. That is not happening any more.

“There is a right value for a very talented player like Mason Burstow.

“We’ll see what happens. If it doesn’t happen now then maybe it will happen in the next year or two.”

Chelsea are yet to make a signing in January, but have been linked with a late swoop for Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.

It’s claimed the Blues have made a last-gasp enquiry for his services, with Dembele into the final six months of his Barca contract.

 Read our Transfer News Live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals

Source link

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Top AEW star comments on Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out on WWE

AEW star Ruby Soho (fka Ruby Riott) shared her thoughts on Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out of WWE...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

Share to...