A supercomputer has given it’s predictions for the upcoming round of Premier League fixtures, backing Manchester Untied to end their three game winless streak across all competitions.
The Red Devils have conceded 14 goals in their last six outings in the Premier League and Europa League, with Erik ten Hag’s side dropping to 13th in the league standings, after losing three of their opening games to Tottenham, Arsenal and Brighton.
Despite their underwhelming start, that also saw them go 4-3 down to Bayern Munich in their Champions League opener on Wednesday night, the Opta supercomputer is giving them a 46.8 per cent chance to defeat Burnley on Saturday afternoon at Turf Moor.
The computer gave Vincent Kompany’ side a 24.9 per cent chance of winning the clash, with the newly promoted side sitting second from bottom having failed to win so far this season, but managed to hold Nottingham Forest to a 1-1 draw last weekend, with Lyle Foster being sent off in the fourth minute of injury time.
Elsewhere, unbeaten Arsenal and Tottenham go head-to-head in what is gearing up to be one of the biggest North London Derbies for a long time, with both sides enjoying impressive starts to the new league campaign.
A super computer has predicted that Manchester United will end their three-game winless run against Burnley on Saturday
Erik ten Hag’s (pictured) side have endured an underwhelming start to the new campaign dropping to 13th in the table after losing three of their first five matches
Vincent Kompany’s (pictured) newly promoted side are yet to win so far this season and sit second from bottom in the league standings
Neither have been beaten as yet, with both sides winning four of their opening matches, each drawing the fifth game, with both sitting level on 13 points with Spurs only above Arsenal in second place on goal difference.
Despite losing Harry Kane to Bayern Munich in the summer, Tottenham have still managed to find the back of the net more than most teams in the Premier League under new manager Ange Postecoglou – scoring 13 times so far, third only to Brighton (15) and Man City (14).
But the supercomputer is favouring Mikel Arteta’s side to win on Sunday afternoon, giving the Gunners a 47.6 per cent chance of winning with Spurs, who have only beaten their bitter rivals just once in their last 30 Premier League meetings, receiving a 25.7 per cent chance to win the match.
Speaking of Man City, Pep Guardiola’s side go up against Nottingham Forest this weekend and have been given perhaps the biggest chance of winning compared to any other team in action this weekend.
The supercomputer has given the Premier League leaders an 80 per cent chance of beating Nottingham Forest, who have won two and lost two, notably downing Chelsea at the start of September.
The Blues, meanwhile, are being backed to recover from their dip in form that has seen them fail to pick up a win in their last two outings.
They face a stern test in Aston Villa, but Unai Emery’s side have not enjoyed the best week either, suffering a 3-2 defeat by Legia Warsaw in their opening game of the Europa Conference League on Thursday.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have struggled to find the back of the net so far this season, but have been given a 45.3 per cent chance to beat Villa, who conversely have a 26.2 per cent chance of picking up a win at Stamford Bridge.
The south London outfit will be hoping for three points on Sunday which could propel them back up the standings above London rivals Brentford into eighth place, one spot behind Sunday’s opponents Villa.
Arsenal and Tottenham will square off against each other in the North London Derby on Sunday
Chelsea are being backed to correct their drop in form against Aston Villa who were beaten 3-2 by Legia Warsaw on Thursday night
Meanwhile, Thomas Frank (pictured) will be hoping his side can secure their second league win of the season against Everton
Thomas Frank’s side, meanwhile take on strugglers Everton, who have endured their worst start to a Premier League season, dropping to 18th in the table, failing to secure a win while scoring two-goals so far this season – the joint lowest in the league with Luton.
And the Bees have the edge on the Toffees, by quite a way too, with the Opta computer saying Brentford have a 50.1 per cent chance of beating Everton, while Sean Dyche’s side are backed at 22.5 per cent to win.
Fellow relegation strugglers Luton are being backed to lose against Wolves at home this weekend, with Gary O’Neil’s side being narrowly chosen to outlast their opponents at 36.5 per cent possibility to Luton’s 34.1 per cent. The odds of a draw coming in are considered to be 29.4 per cent likely.
And Crystal Palace will do battle against Fulham in this weekend’s south London derby, with the Eagles being given the greater odds to beat Fulham at 37.4 per cent, the possibility of a draw sitting at 29.9 per cent.