ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI has reportedly told Bayern Munich he will NOT be signing a new contract.
And Barcelona are on red alert with the Pole looking to leave this summer.
Bild claims Lewandowski informed Bayern chiefs of his shock decision on Thursday.
The 33-year-old has been at the Allianz Arena since 2014 after joining on a free transfer from rivals Borussia Dortmund.
And he has gone on to score 343 games in just 374 matches, winning numerous trophies including eight titles and 2020’s famous Treble under Hansi Flick.
However, the superstar is now looking for a new challenge.
And he has told Bayern that no financial incentives can tempt him into extending his stay in Bavaria, with his current deal expiring in 2023.
Lewandowski has long dreamed of playing in Spain as he hunts a first Ballon d’Or.
And Barcelona are desperate to do a deal this summer for the free-scoring striker.
However, Bayern intend to play hardball as they want to keep Lewandowski until the end of his contract.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
And one of the summer’s biggest transfer battles is now set to get underway, with one party set to be left thoroughly disappointed.
One man who reckons Lewandowski is keen for a Nou Camp switch is former teammate Javi Martinez.
Lewandowski is yet to win a Ballon d’Or despite his terrific goal haul.
And Martinez claims the striker reckons he would have scooped one by now had he made the move to Spain earlier in his career.
Martinez declared: “I think there’s a possibility he goes to Barcelona. “Lewy believes he would have won a Ballon d’Or or two