TOMMY FURY has spoken out to deny claims that he out of shape and not training to fight Jake Paul.
It comes after his own dad John claimed his son was “overweight” and “not exactly in training” before agreeing to the grudge match.
He told FreeBets: “Tommy wasn’t exactly in training.
“He’d only had about 10 days because he’d been on holiday and it was a surprising thing for him.
“I was a way out of it doing these tours and being busy elsewhere so I never got the chance to look at it properly.
“When I’ve paid attention, I noticed the whole thing wasn’t right anyway.
“But I said ‘Okay, it is what it is, if you want to go over there and box him, do it. You’re experienced enough now and it’s a 50-50 platform. I know you could be fitter, you’re overweight, but it’s entirely up to yourself because I’m busy and I can’t do it.’
“So, he said ‘Okay then, I’ll do my own thing and I’ll go fight him anyway because I can beat him.’”
Paul was left furious by the comments, and tweeted: “I should sue this fool. Own dad exposes why he pulled out a second time.”
But Tommy has now refuted the allegations and insisted his US travel ban was the only reason for not fighting Paul.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
He said on Instagram: “Recently on social media I’ve seen more s*** on me than ever.
“I just want to get one thing straight, that the reason this fight didn’t take place was because I couldn’t get into the country.
“Not because I wasn’t training or I wasn’t fit.
“I was ready and raring to go, I was at the airport, Monday morning with my whole team ready to fly out and ready to get the show on the road.
“I could not get into the country and that’s why this fight didn’t happen.
I just want to get one thing straight, that the reason this fight didn’t take place was because I couldn’t get into the country. Not because I wasn’t training or I wasn’t fit.
“So all this bulls*** about me not being ready, not training, forget about it. If it’s not come from me, don’t believe it as it’s not true.”
The celebrity boxing rivals have twice signed to face each other but both times Fury has been withdrawn.
The reason he was withdrawn from the August 6 the pay-per-view fight came amid an issue surrounding his US visa to travel.
Fury, 23, was unable to resolve it in time and Paul, 25, reacted by agreeing to face Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, at New York’s Madison Square Garden.
Rahman Jr, the son of ex-heavyweight champion Sr, won his first 12 fights, six by KO, but was beaten for the first time in April.
He was stopped in round five by James McKenzie Morrison, 31, who is the son of former heavyweight champ Tommy.
Whereas Paul is 5-0 but prepares to fight a recognised boxer for the first time, despite previously sparring Rahman Jr twice.