Good morning football fans
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of setting a bad example after leaving Old Trafford before the end of Sunday’s friendly against Rayo Vallecano, reports SunSport’s Neil Custis.
United manager Erik ten Hag has been demanding togetherness in his squad ahead of the new season.
But after a sideline tiff with Ten Hag, Ronaldo was taken off at half time by the Dutch tactician.
Then rather than return to the dugout, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner left 10 minutes before full-time.
The Manchester giants will not sanction the star forward for his early exit but a United insider told SunSport: “It is not a good look to leave early when you have been involved in the squad.
“It is different if you are up in the stands and not involved. You would expect someone who has played in the game to be in the changing rooms at the end to listen to the manager’s thoughts.
“Also a lot of people were there to see him and he was not even involved in the clapping of the fans after the final whistle.”
Meanwhile, Barcelona manager Xavi is eyeing a reunion with Lionel Messi next year as he asked club president Joan Laporta to bring his former team-mate back from Paris Saint-Germain.
Messi left Barca last year at the end of his deal with the club left paralysed at the time due to their financial situation.
According to Sport, a return to the Nou Camp could be on the cards next year.
Xavi has instructed Laporta to try and lure the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner back to Catalonia soon.
The Spanish tactician believes the forward would bring a lot to the club both on an economic level and a sporting one.
There is also belief that the Argentina international has many years left in his career.
And Chelsea ace Timo Werner is in talks to join Newcastle on loan this summer.
But Werner’s £270,000-a-week salary could prove a stumbling block in any potential deal.
The forward has failed to hit the heights many hoped for when he made his £48million move from RB Leipzig two years ago.
The Germany international’s return of just 10 goals in 56 Premier League matches is well below the numbers expected.
But still desperate to be a success in England’s top flight, the Daily Mirror report the 26-year-old could join the Magpies on loan.
Newcastle boss Eddie Howe wants to land an attacker before the transfer window slams shut.
Finally, Leicester are expecting Arsenal to swoop in and make a bid for Youri Tielemans before the end of the summer transfer window.
But is has been claimed that the Gunners are yet to turn their interest in Tielemans into something formal.
SunSport exclusively revealed last month that the Gunners were considering a £30m move for the midfielder.
According to The Guardian, the Foxes are expecting the North Londoners to submit a bid for the Belgium international soon.
But they state there have been no offers for the 25-year-old yet from any club, with United also said to be keeping tabs on him.
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has warned teams looking to raid his club that they will not be “exploited” into selling their best players